Here is the follow up to Part 1! I have a feeling this might be longer than the 2-3 parts I originally said there would be because as I’m going through all my music, I keep finding more and more songs that have inspired or currently do! So we’ll see how far this goes, but for now here is Part 2! –
- You Found Me by The Fray- What can I say about this song? It’s amazing. It’s beautiful. I can relate to these lyrics so much and this song has helped through some unhappy and lonely times in my life. This song always paints a very vivid scene in my mind that will hopefully be used very soon in a piece I want to write.
- The Fire by Rev Theory- This song asks what I consider to be an important question. That question is- Is the fire still alive? I feel like this question can apply yo anything- a relationship, something you’re passionate about, your will to live, etc, and this is a question I ask myself from time to time. This song does burn a fire in me to keep going and to remember to make the most of my life.
- Running Up That Hill by Placebo- The first time I heard this song was in the pilot episode of The Vampire Diaries and though the snippet they played wasn’t very long, this song really hit me. Then I looked up the entire song and felt like I got punched in this soul. This song is so haunting and beautiful and I’m not sure I have good enough words to describe the way this song makes me feel and just how much it inspires me.
- Light With a Sharpened Edge by The Used-This song always fills me with so much light and hope that it’s hard for me to feel down when I listen to it. This is another one of those songs that inspires me to keep going and to pick myself up no matter how bad things get.
- Rocketship by Shiny Toy Guns- This song has a really fun beat and it takes my mind on a really colorful ride. I’m hoping that some of the things I imagine when I listen to this song will one day be the right fit for a piece of fiction or a poem.
- Crawling in the Dark by Hoobastank- I can relate to this song so much because so many of the lyrics are questions I’ve asked myself or thoughts I’ve had. Will I ever get to see the ending to my story is the one lyric/question I’ve been asking myself since I was twelve (and twelve was a really long time ago for me. Well at least it feels that way)! I think this is one song that is going to stick with me for the rest of my life.
- Let the Music Play by Good Charlotte- This band has been a part of my life since I was twelve and I feel like we’ve evolved together. Though this song isn’t the one that is the most special to me, it is a beautiful song and the lyrics are very inspiring and beautiful. This song inspires me to let the music play no matter how bad life gets and to always keep on going.
- Revival by Fozzy- What inspires me about this song the most is that it challenges the listener to open and look inside themselves to realize that change only truly begins when we open ourselves up to. This song has inspired me to look deep inside myself and see how I can not only change myself, but how I can help change the world for the better also. I also look at Chris Jericho- their front man- for inspiration because this man had a dream, fought to make it a reality, and now he’s doing more than he probably ever thought he would. So I get a whole lot of inspiration from this band!
- Everlong by Foo Fighters- This is probably my favorite Foo Fighters song ever. There is just something about this song that always draws me and inspires me. It’s one of those songs that inspires me in a way I can’t describe.
- I Alone by Escape the Fate- This song inspires me to hold my ground and keep striving for my dreams no matter how many people tell me I can’t do something or try to stop me. This song also reminds me that I alone live my life and that everything I do affects me more than anyone else so every decision I make is important.
So this is Part 2. Same questions as last time. Let me know if you want to see Part 3 and beyond that. I’m really hoping that if anyone takes the time to listen to these songs they feel inspired too because I feel that music, like writing, is a great way to bring people together. Happy listening!